Health Education & Information
2019 Novel Coronavirus (COVID-19) Information & Updates
- This site has a wealth of information about COVID-19 and the on-going situation in general. It should be your primary source for accurate, up-to-date facts.
You can also text NJCOVID to 898-211 to receive text information related to the virus and stay informed. To receive live text assistance, you can text your zip code to 898-211.
Additional events & information related to the COVID-19 pandemic:
- On March 9, 2020, the State of New Jersey declared a State of Emergency PDF PDF Download (PDF) in response to the Coronavirus outbreak. PDF PDF Download PDF PDF PDF Download PDF Download PDF (PDF)
- On March 16, 2020, Governor Murphy issued Executive Order No. 104 PDF PDF Download (PDF) announcing aggressive social distancing measures to mitigate further spread of COVID-19 in New Jersey.
- On March 17, 2020, The Township of Hanover declared a State of Emergency (PDF)
- What is my COVID-19 Risk Level? PDF PDF Download (PDF)
- Cleaning and Disinfecting Fact Sheet (PDF)
- What is Social Distancing? (PDF)
- S Facebook Social Networkocial Distancing: What Does It Mean? (PDF)
- NJ Department of Health 2019 Novel Coronavirus Website Opens in New Window
- Centers for Disease Control & Prevention (CDC)’s 2019 Novel Coronavirus Website Opens in New Window Opens in New Window
- 2019 Novel Coronavirus Public Call Center (NJPIES): 1-800-222-1222
- COVID-19 Informational Flyer (PDF)
- NJ Department of Health COVID-19 FAQ (PDF) PDF PDF Download On March 9, 2020 PDF PDF PDF Download PDF Download PDF COV PDF PDF PDF Download PDF Download PDF CCOCOV PDF PDF PDF Download PDF Download PDF
Food Handler Safety Training
For all food handlers working in the foodservice industry, please see the attached flyer (PDF) Opens in New Window for upcoming Food Safety Training courses in Morris County.
Safe Syringe Disposal Programs
It is NEVER acceptable to throw syringes into curbside trash or recycling, even when they are placed in a heavy-duty plastic container. There are several ways to dispose of your syringe medical waste. You may participate in a hospital syringe program or you may contact a mail away vendor. See the attached flyer (PDF) for proper ways to dispose of syringes.
Free Review of Your Medications
Have your medications reviewed by a Pharmacist! The Hanover Health Department is offering a free brown bag review of your medications (PDF).
Food Safety During the Summer Months
View information on how to keep your summer barbecues and picnics safe.
Staying Healthy & Safe When Swimming
Swimming during the summer months is not without its risks. Learn how to stay safe.
Join the Health Blog
Morris County’s Health Blog provides up-to-date information on various health issues and topics.