NJC4 Mental Health Symposium - October 3, 2023
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE from Mayor Thomas "Ace" Gallagher
The Mental Health Symposium, organized by Hanover Township Mayor Thomas Ace Gallagher, provided interested family members and friends with crucial information about where and how to receive information about addiction services, crisis hotlines, and primary and elder care services. This Mental Health Symposium, organized and designed to help raise mental health awareness, will be replicated throughout a number of participating municipalities.
- Mental Health Association - What You Need to Know About Depression, Anxiety, and Suicide (PDF)
- Morris County Sherriff James Gannon - Hope One (PDF)
- Aging Life Care Association: The definitive resource for identifying a geriatric care manager anywhere in the country. A GCM acts as a counsel and advocate, and can identify problems and offer solutions.
- Crisis & Stabilization Resources
- Mental Health Association: The Mental Health Association is a service provider that is committed to compassionate, dignified, and empowering treatment to society’s most vulnerable citizens along their individual paths to Wellness and Recovery. They provide a wide range of services to individuals in Northern New Jersey.
- Morris County Directory of Mental Health & Addiction Services (PDF)
- Morris County's Navigating Hope (PDF): Navigating Hope, inspired by the Morris County Sheriff’s Hope One Mobile Addiction and Recovery vehicle, was launched to fill gaps in social services access. Navigating Hope meets face-to-face with hundreds of Morris County community members struggling with homelessness and financial difficulties —flipping the traditional model of social service delivery in the county. Navigating Hope also aids community members in learning what they may qualify for and providing information on county resources to those who want it.
- Morris County Sheriff's Hope One: Hope One is a mobile outreach vehicle that travels throughout Morris County, New Jersey, offering critical support for persons and families struggling with addiction and mental health. The team also provides Naloxone (Narcan) education, training, and kits free of charge to family members and friends of those suffering from opiate addiction.
- New Jersey Aging and Disability Resource Connections (ADRC) – Division on Aging: Provides information on what programs and services are available through each New Jersey county office on aging.
- Primary Elder (& Caregiver) Resources
East Hanover - TBD