Marriage & Civil Unions

If you are entering into a Marriage or Civil Union in New Jersey, you can find information on the NJ Department of Health website which may be helpful to you. Read it carefully, if you have any questions, please get in touch with our Registrar of Vital Statistics.

If you are a resident of Hanover Township, or a resident of a different state, and are planning to enter into a marriage or a civil union partnership in Hanover Township, please make an appointment to apply for your license at 973-515-6640.

Please take notice: Marriage licenses are available to qualifying couples of all gender compositions.

Registrar’s Hours

Effective September 18, 2023, through October 27, 2023, Registrar hours will be limited as follows:

  • Tuesday 8:00-4:00
  • Friday 8:00-12:30

Please call 973-515-6640 to schedule an appointment for your marriage license.