- Eden Lane, Whippany
- Hanover Hills, Cedar Knolls
- Oak Ridge, Whippany
- Sunrise at Hanover, Whippany
All of our purchase units are non-age restricted.
Effective August 1, 2018, we have contracted with the Housing Partnership to administer all of the Township's affordable purchase units. This includes the application and waitlist processes, unit and owner compliance and tracking, re-sales, and re-finances.
For an application, please contact the Housing Partnership and request to be added to their "Interested Parties List" by calling Carol Mugele at 973-659-9222 ext. 302 or by filling out the pre-application form.
If you wish to sell, submit an email or call 973-659-9222 and indicate your desire to sell your property. Housing Partnership will provide you with the maximum resale price, an intent to sell form and the proper procedures for selling your property. The Partnership’s fee for this service, including securing a buyer and assuring that you and the buyer comply with all state regulations and guidelines, is 1.25 percent of the selling price.
If you wish to refinance or take out a home equity loan, you must first contact the Housing Partnership as the Administrative Agent. In order to bring your home into compliance with the New Jersey State Affordable Housing Regulations, N.J.A.C. 5:80-26.1et.seq, you will need to apply to the Housing Partnership, who determines your eligibility to proceed. You may not refinance any greater than 95 percent of your maximum resale price. Since this transaction must be filed with the County you will need to provide a $75 check or money order made out to the Housing Partnership to cover the cost of recording. Send an email or call 973-659-9222 before contacting a lender!
Remember, your unit must be your primary residence. You may not rent out your unit.
If you fear foreclosure or have difficulty paying your mortgage, you may wish to contact the Housing Partnership’s foreclosure intervention office at 973-659-1414 for free foreclosure counseling and guidance on the NJ HomeKeeper Program for the unemployed and other available programs.
Sterling Parc Apartments
- A 317 unit apartment complex, of which there are 64 affordable units comprised of 56 low and moderate income age-restricted units (for seniors 62 years of age and up) and 8 low income non-age restricted units. All units are administered directly by the on-site management company.
- For an application and information, please contact the management company at 973-267-4493 or visit the community website.
Lester Senior Housing (Age-Restricted)
- Part of the Jewish Community Housing Corporation MetroWest Complex in Whippany, this complex consists of 36 low and moderate income age-restricted units for seniors 62+ years of age. Included with these units are a modified meal plan, housekeeping, and other amenities. All units are administered directly by the on-site community management company.
- For an application and information, please contact the Community Manager at 973-929-2725 or visit the community website.
The Willows (Formerly Saddlebrook Court)
- This complex consists of 78 affordable housing units and is located in Cedar Knolls. This community is part of the United States Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD)'s Low-Income Housing Tax Credit (LIHTC) program and has different applicant qualifications than the other rental properties on this list.
- For more information and an application, please contact the on-site sales office by phone at 973-657-8290, by email or by visiting the community website.
- A 126 unit apartment complex located in Cedar Knolls. This complex consists of 14 affordable (very low, low and moderate income) non-age restricted units.
- Both the application and waitlist processes are administered by Community Grants, Planning & Housing (CGP&H)
- To apply or find out more information, please visit the property on CGP&H’s website. You can also email them.
- If you do not have an email address or regular access to a computer, please call 609-664-2769 ext. 5 and leave a message. CGP&H will return your call and help you fill out your pre-application.