Health Department Clinics
- Blood Pressure Screening
- Beginning September 2019, the Township of Hanover Health Department will be offering a monthly Blood Pressure Screening Clinic the third Wednesday of each month (September through June) from 11 a.m. to Noon in the Township of Hanover Community Center, 15 North Jefferson Road, Whippany. All residents over the age of 18 years are welcome to attend.
- Call the Health Department at 973-515-6667 for information on:
- Adult Health Clinic
- Blood Pressure Screenings
- Women/Men’s Health Clinic
Prescription Return Box or MEDReturn
The Hanover Township Police Department maintains a prescription return box in the lobby of the police station. This box is accessible 24 hours a day 7 days a week. Residents with expired or unwanted prescription and non-prescription medication can bring these items to the Police Lobby and deposit the items in the green MED-RETURN box. You can also dispose of unwanted pet medications here as well.
If you want to dispose of your medications we ask that you deposit only one or two items at a time, because the chute will clog if you overfill the drawer. Also, if you discover that the bin may be full, we ask that you do not overfill it and please bring it to the attention of the police dispatcher so arrangements can be made to have it emptied.
The only restrictions are as follows:
- No needles (sharps).
- Including Epi-pens.
- No ointments or liquids.
- No thermometers.
- No aerosol cans or inhalers.
Interfaith Food Pantry and Resource Center serves residents of Morris County. You must apply to find out if you qualify.
Morris Family Justice Center
The Morris Family Justice Center (MFJC) provides all of the services a survivor of domestic violence, dating abuse and sexual assault needs in one place—counseling, protection, legal and immigration assistance, children’s services, and more.
New Jersey Comfort Partners Program
Comfort Partners is a free energy saving and energy education program for qualified low-income customers.
New Jersey SHARES - Energy & Utility Assistance
New Jersey SHARES is an energy and utility assistance safety net for households in an emergency or crisis situation who are not eligible for other forms of assistance.
New Jersey State Library Talking Book & Braille Center (TBBC)
Founded in 1967, TBBC Opens in New Window is a library that provides no-cost, home-delivered services, on behalf of the National Library Service for the Blind and Physically Handicapped at the Library of Congress, to children, teens, and adults in New Jersey who have difficulty reading standard print or trouble holding a book.
Whether struggling with a personal challenge or recovering from a natural disaster, NJ 2-1-1 provides connections to services that often mean the difference between hope and despair. 2-1-1 is a database of resources to help residents in need.
State of New Jersey Property Tax Relief Programs
- Homestead Rebate Opens in New Window
- Veteran’s Deduction (PDF) Opens in New Window - please fill out the application and bring it to our Finance Department
- Black Bear Safety Opens in New Window - New Jersey Division of Fish and Wildlife
- Coyote Safety Opens in New Window - New Jersey Division of Fish and Wildlife
- New Jersey Housing and Mortgage Finance Agency (NJHMFA) Opens in New Window + Assistance Programs Flyer Opens in New Window
- New Jersey Housing Resource Center
Opens in New Window
- New Jersey Transit Opens in New Window
- Report a Pothole on a State Highway Opens in New Window
- State of New Jersey Opens in New Window
Internal Revenue Service (IRS)
The IRS is the nation’s tax collection agency and administers the Internal Revenue Code enacted by Congress.
Volunteer Income Tax Assistance (VITA)
Free assistance in the preparation of New Jersey Income Tax returns is available for taxpayers through VITA. VITA is for individuals of low to moderate income, individuals with disabilities, and non-English speaking taxpayers. Please visit the New Jersey Division of Taxation website to learn more about these services.
Also, please see these notices from the Internal Revenue Service (IRS):
The Rose House
The Rose House is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization that enhances the lives of adults with developmental disabilities through residential and vocational programs.