Health Department Clinics
- Adult Vaccines - Health Department announces that Adult Vaccines are now available (PDF).
- Blood Pressure Screening
- The Township of Hanover Health Department will be offering a monthly Blood Pressure Screening Clinic the first Wednesday of each month (September through June) from 11 a.m. to Noon in the Township of Hanover Community Center, 15 North Jefferson Road, Whippany. All residents over the age of 18 years are welcome to attend.
- Call the Health Department at 973-515-6667 for information on:
- Adult Health Clinic
- Blood Pressure Screenings
- Women/Men’s Health Clinic
Prescription Return Box
The Hanover Township Police Department maintains a prescription return box in the lobby of the police station. This box is accessible 24 hours a day 7 days a week. Residents with expired or unwanted prescription and non-prescription medication can bring these items to the Police Lobby and deposit the items in the green MED-RETURN box. You can also dispose of unwanted pet medications here as well.
If you want to dispose of your medications we ask that you deposit only one or two items at a time, because the chute will clog if you overfill the drawer. Also, if you discover that the bin may be full, we ask that you do not overfill it and please bring it to the attention of the police dispatcher so arrangements can be made to have it emptied.
The only restrictions are as follows:
- No needles (sharps).
- Including Epi-pens.
- No ointments or liquids.
- No thermometers.
- No aerosol cans or inhalers.
Low Income Home Energy Assistance (LIHEAP)
The Home Energy Assistance Program helps very low-income residents with their heating and cooling bills and makes provisions for emergency heating system services and emergency fuel assistance within the Home Energy Assistance Program.
New Jersey Comfort Partners Program
Comfort Partners is a free energy saving and energy education program for qualified low-income customers.
New Jersey SHARES - Energy & Utility Assistance
New Jersey SHARES is an energy and utility assistance safety net for households in an emergency or crisis situation who are not eligible for other forms of assistance.
New Jersey State Library Talking Book & Braille Center (TBBC)
Founded in 1967, TBBC is a library that provides no-cost, home-delivered services, on behalf of the National Library Service for the Blind and Physically Handicapped at the Library of Congress, to children, teens, and adults in New Jersey who have difficulty reading standard print or trouble holding a book.
Whether struggling with a personal challenge or recovering from a natural disaster, NJ 2-1-1 provides connections to services that often mean the difference between hope and despair. 2-1-1 is a database of resources to help residents in need.
NJHelps is a free and easy guide for you to determine what programs and assistance for which you and your family may be eligible. NJHelps will tell you where to go for help and what to bring with you, after you have answered a few basic questions. NJHelps cannot guarantee that you qualify for these programs. You must still apply for help by contacting and filling out the required forms for each program.
- Black Bear Safety - New Jersey Division of Fish and Wildlife
- New Jersey Department of Community Affairs (DCA) Housing Assistance
- New Jersey Housing and Mortgage Finance Agency (NJHMFA) + Assistance Programs Flyer
- New Jersey Housing Resource Center
- New Jersey Transit
- Report a Pothole on a State Highway
- State of New Jersey
Internal Revenue Service (IRS)
The IRS is the nation's tax collection agency and administers the Internal Revenue Code enacted by Congress.
Volunteer Income Tax Assistance (VITA)
Free assistance in the preparation of New Jersey Income Tax returns is available for taxpayers through VITA. VITA is for individuals of low to moderate income, individuals with disabilities, and non-English speaking taxpayers.
Tax Counseling for the Elderly (TCE) is for individuals 60 years of age or older. Learn more about these services.. Also, please see these notices from the Internal Revenue Service (IRS):
- IRS Certified Volunteers Providing Free Tax Preparation
- What to Bring to Your Local VITA or TCE Site