- Feature Links
- Social Networking
Social Media Policy
The Township of Hanover shares notices about the Township government and its activities via social media to reach a broader audience and so interested citizens can also share Township information.
The Township of Hanover's obligations with social media requires us to enforce the providers’ policies with regard to posted comments. The guidelines below are, in part, Hanover's effort to comply with those obligations.
Basically, be courteous, respectful, and relevant. Remember that your comments may be read by persons of any age, and are subject to open public records laws.
For those who like more detail, we’ve established the following guidelines. If a post is in violation of the policy, it will be removed.
Once posted, the Township of Hanover reserves the right to delete submissions that contain:
- vulgar language;
- personal attacks of any kind;
- offensive comments that target or disparage any ethnic, racial, or religious group.
Further, the Township also reserves the right to delete comments that:
- are spam or include links to other sites;
- are clearly off-topic;
- include identical or repeated comments;
- contain sexual content or links to sexual content;
- advocate illegal activity;
- promote particular services, products, or political candidates or organizations;
- infringe on copyrights or trademarks;
- have the potential to compromise the safety or security of the public or public systems;
- are made by persons identifiable as under the age of 13;
- contain personally identifiable medical information; or
- contain personally identifiable information (PII) such as email addresses, social security numbers, phone numbers, or any other information for which a person has a reasonable expectation of privacy.
Please note that the comments expressed on any Township of Hanover social media site do not reflect the opinions and position of the Township of Hanover government or its officers or staff.
We recognize that the internet and social media are available 24/7. Comments are welcome at any time.
However, due to the need to manage resources, questions, and comments will be responded to during normal business hours:
Monday – Thursday, 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. & Friday, 8 a.m. to 1 p.m.
If you have any questions concerning the Social Media Commenting Policy, please use our Feedback Form.